The other new trick he started this weekend was saying "Ba" over and over again. He thinks it's hysterical if you say it back to him. It's like he knows he's making a language break-through. Here's a very short video of his verbal antics...
Monday, November 23, 2009
Mia, Marshall and Piper hanging out at the food court!
A scene from "Look Who's Talking"
Green Peas make me sleepy....
Monday, November 9, 2009
Marshall is the light of our lives! He's just a wonderful, extremely happy baby. Creighton and I know that we are very blessed, thank you Lord!
It is so much fun to see how much of the world Marshall is taking in these days! Gone are the days of the poker face when he meets people, he's warming up much faster to give everyone a big smile. But he still doesn't laugh when he's really happy unless you are tickling him, then he can't control himself. No first words yet, but we swear sometimes it sounds like he's saying "hi" back to us!
- looking in the mirror - vanity smurf loves to see himself in the mirror!
- toys - he loves to sit on his blanket and play with a surrounding toy or 2.
- "Schwacking" things - he's all boy! he's gotten the right arm "pump" down when he's got a toy in his hand
- moving - crawling, rolling...if he's determined, he's going to get there. Unfortunately his target is usually Maggie or shoes
- solid food - he loves it all, there hasn't been a single thing he doesn't like thus far. He's eating 3 meals a day and so far he's eaten: rice cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, green peas, green beans, carrots, applesauce, bananas, pears and peaches. Next to try are oatmeal, prunes and little finger foods.
- sleep - he still sleeps 12 hours a night with two 2-hour naps a day...daddy is extremely jealous!
- nasal aspirator - just gets fightin' mad
- falling backwards - when he's sitting, he can catch himself when he falls to the side, but backwards is a whole other story
- slow service - sitting in his high chair and mommy isn't fast enough with bringing his food
His Stats - from his 6 month check-up, he's mainly wearing 9 month or 6-12 month stuff.
- Weight - 17lb 6oz - 50%
- Height - 27.25" - 75%
- Head - 16.75 - 25%
6.5 Months with Gordo
7 Months with Gordo
Realistic shot of how the photo shoot typically goes...Marshall in a monkey take down, Gordo usually loses.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
We took this video Sunday night and his skills have progressed even further since then. But the best part of this video is the very beginning when he appears to wave to the camera, priceless!