Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
So it snowed...in Texas...in December....crazy! That morning I was already up in the office on the computer, when Creighton came in and asked if I had looked outside. I had about 30 minutes ago and everything seemed normal. But in typical Texas flare, the snow came as fast as it left! Knowing this, we quickly got Marshall up (thankfully he had just woken up) and dressed him in a fleece suit over his pj's. We got some great shots, but Marshall really didn't know what to think of it all. The Belgian in our family, Maggie, thought it was the bees knees....she was all about it!
Marshall with his Uncle Chris & Aunt Susie (We couldn't get a shot with every one's eyes open...sorry Creighton.)
Monday, November 23, 2009
The other new trick he started this weekend was saying "Ba" over and over again. He thinks it's hysterical if you say it back to him. It's like he knows he's making a language break-through. Here's a very short video of his verbal antics...
Mia, Marshall and Piper hanging out at the food court!
A scene from "Look Who's Talking"
Green Peas make me sleepy....
Monday, November 9, 2009
Marshall is the light of our lives! He's just a wonderful, extremely happy baby. Creighton and I know that we are very blessed, thank you Lord!
It is so much fun to see how much of the world Marshall is taking in these days! Gone are the days of the poker face when he meets people, he's warming up much faster to give everyone a big smile. But he still doesn't laugh when he's really happy unless you are tickling him, then he can't control himself. No first words yet, but we swear sometimes it sounds like he's saying "hi" back to us!
- looking in the mirror - vanity smurf loves to see himself in the mirror!
- toys - he loves to sit on his blanket and play with a surrounding toy or 2.
- "Schwacking" things - he's all boy! he's gotten the right arm "pump" down when he's got a toy in his hand
- moving - crawling, rolling...if he's determined, he's going to get there. Unfortunately his target is usually Maggie or shoes
- solid food - he loves it all, there hasn't been a single thing he doesn't like thus far. He's eating 3 meals a day and so far he's eaten: rice cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, green peas, green beans, carrots, applesauce, bananas, pears and peaches. Next to try are oatmeal, prunes and little finger foods.
- sleep - he still sleeps 12 hours a night with two 2-hour naps a day...daddy is extremely jealous!
- nasal aspirator - just gets fightin' mad
- falling backwards - when he's sitting, he can catch himself when he falls to the side, but backwards is a whole other story
- slow service - sitting in his high chair and mommy isn't fast enough with bringing his food
His Stats - from his 6 month check-up, he's mainly wearing 9 month or 6-12 month stuff.
- Weight - 17lb 6oz - 50%
- Height - 27.25" - 75%
- Head - 16.75 - 25%
6.5 Months with Gordo
7 Months with Gordo
Realistic shot of how the photo shoot typically goes...Marshall in a monkey take down, Gordo usually loses.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
We took this video Sunday night and his skills have progressed even further since then. But the best part of this video is the very beginning when he appears to wave to the camera, priceless!