Thursday, April 28, 2011
The Uphues family got a wild hair and decided to go camping with a couple of other playgroup families! Needless to say, it did not disappoint! We had a blast and were extremely happy that Marshall did too...because we all knew we were setting ourselves up for a potentially HUGE outdoor disaster! We ventured down to Meridian State Park, which is about 2.5 hrs south of Dallas. Here's a recap of the ups and downs of the trip.
1) We spent an afternoon at Fossil Rim and it was fabulous! So many cool exotic animals that eat from your hand...mind blowingly cool! (Thanks Whitney for letting us use your Mom's membership!)
2) Such great camping company! Three equally brave families made our camping experience so much fun! They taught me I could successfully exist without electricity for 2 days, sleep in a tent with a toddler and smores are better with peanut butter cups! Thanks Miller's, Sawyer's and Aldredge's!
3) Marshall would say that 2 things were his favorites: being outside 24/7 and the amusement park of unlimited dirt, rocks sticks with 3 boys to share it with....well, we're working on the sharing part!?!
1) Unfortunately due to all the wild fires, there was a burn ban, which meant no campfires to keep us warm at night.
2) It was unseasonably cold at night, like in the 30's...so it wasn't the most enjoyable temperatures for sleeping outside. Hence, the hats and jackets in all the morning pictures.
3) Marshall got his hand "caught" in a zebra's mouth...meaning, a zebra wrapped his big lips around M's hand, but didn't bite him. He was a little upset, but once we got to the giraffe's he forgot all about it!
I think we've started a new family tradition!!!