Wednesday, March 10, 2010

11 Months



"Red" as his father refers to him is now just one month away from being a year old...crazy! The past month has been an exciting one now that Marshall is attempting to walk. He's taking a couple of steps here and there, but just gets too excited and starts waving his arms in the air. This inevitably causes him to fall since he's not too sturdy in his stance. But it's been fun to watch him figure this whole walking thing out. It's still faster for him to crawl to what he needs, so the transition to walking seems to be slow. (Please note: Mom isn't complaining!)


He also has not one, but TWO teeth! The second tooth quickly followed the first and he seems a little more angry about this one than the first so that's been fun!?! Still haven't been able to get a picture of the elusive teeth, he's constantly got his finger or tongue covering them. Some day...

Above all I'm so thankful for the little personality that's emerging with every day. Marshall is a very friendly baby. He'll go to anyone that wants to hold him with no reservation...even the security guard at "The Dump" furniture store...no kidding. He loves being in the church nursery and gets giddy excited when he sees the sweet woman that greets him at the Wednesday bible study nursery. Never once has he cried when we've dropped him off. As a mother, I am beyond thankful to the Lord for that one! As his grandmother reminds me, Marshall's spunkiness definitely comes from me, since Creighton was terribly shy as a baby and child.

But let's be real here, our sweet boy isn't always so sweet. Marshall is a toy stealer and a bruiser! Creighton and I have witnessed it first hand when we're serving in the nursery. That boy can steal a toy from an unsuspecting child in no time. (The song "Swiper no swiping!" from Dora the Explorer starts playing in my head.) So learning to share is at the top of our parenting list. But the one thing above sharing on that list is teaching gentleness. Yep, my son is a hitter...of other children, our dog and especially mommy's face! I'm not a big fan of people hitting my face, so this has been a good lesson in parenting for me and how not to react when your child comes swinging at you. But regardless of these little personality quirks, he is wonderfully and perfectly made. And still loves to snuggle with his mom, cheek to cheek! Just precious....


Our little bath monster


Love me some broccoli

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THE BIB! Oh my stars is that fun-naaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, he looks like a little man!!! He is just precious!:) I too, love the bib:)! What fun, what fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your honesty. I love that you're willing to admit your child has shortcomings. I think he's absolutely precious though. I love his spunky personality especially!

    ReplyDelete