Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Polar Express


I must confess, I haven't been in the blogging mood. No reason, just taking a little break. But I'm getting back on the horse, and trying to catch up before I head out of town. So here goes...

During the holidays the Texas State Railroad offers a Polar Express themed ride for families. Since my sister and her family were going to be in Texas for Christmas, we decided to make a Harrelson family trip to the railroad. My niece and nephew are the perfect age for this sort of thing, so Marshall and I were just along for the ride and to experience it with the kids.

If you've read the book or watched the movie you know this magical story, and the railroad did a wonderful job of bringing the book to life. The trip was complete with hot chocolate and cookies served by chefs in their white coats and hats, a conductor that comes by to punch your ticket with a "B," The Polar Express story read aloud over the speaker (I think it was Liam Neeson's voice?), and a magical ride to the North Pole (sans snow) to see Santa. Santa even boards the train and gives each child a bell!

Everyone had a wonderful time, minus the gigantic candy cane decoration that fell on Marshall's head, but thankfully he isn't scarred!?! I have no doubt we will go back when he's older, but I think he enjoyed it regardless...just watching all the kids and the chefs walking by. Thanks Gana & Papa for such a wonderful time!

Marshall getting festive in the RV on the way there. Yep, we all rode in my sister's RV to the train!

Vicki, Austin, Dad(Papa) and Andy in their PJs on the train. (A little wet, from all the rain!)

Mom(Gana) and Elizabeth

The Three Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment