Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving

The holiday season has been keeping me a little busy so I'm backed up on things to post. Better late than never!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Murphy, TX at my in-laws. My parents came in from Tyler and I was in charge of making the desserts! Do you think 3 pies, a chocolate cake and cookie crackers is too much for 10 people!?! Marshall's feet never touched the ground because someone was always holding him...no complaints from him of course! He actually napped during the meal which was nice for me, so we didn't have to worry about entertaining him.

Jack made a wonderful meal, as always, but this year the turkey was out of this world! He used a new recipe that has you brine the Turkey (which basically means marinate it in a bucket, then grill it.) I'm not a huge turkey fan because it's usually dry but this was THE best turkey I've ever had. It was tender and juicy and oh so tasty! Here's the recipe Apple-Brined and Hickory Smoked Turkey. I highly recommend it!

We got some great family pictures, but unfortunately we didn't get any with Gi-Gi and Gpa before they left.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Us with Papa & Gana (my parents) and Grandma & Grandpa (Creighton's parents)

Marshall with his Uncle Chris & Aunt Susie (We couldn't get a shot with every one's eyes open...sorry Creighton.)

No comments:

Post a Comment