Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kansas Pumpkin Patch - Part 2






Working for a marketing agency for 8 years opened my eyes to photography in a completely new light. But unfortunately the Lord blessed me with the gift of administration and not the gift of true artistic talent. But I'd like to think that hanging around all those art directors rubbed off on me a little. So these are a couple of pictures I shot to show a more artsy view of the patch.

I've always loved fall for the festivities, not necessarily for the colder weather. I have very distinct memories of October afternoons, when my parents would leave our front door open so the cool, Fall breeze would come through the screen door. Helping mom put out the Halloween decorations and making plans for my birthday party...dunking for apples anyone!?! So when I see pumpkins, it takes me back to my childhood. The funny thing about pumpkins, I don't really like to eat them...just like to look at them. :)
PS - Speaking of childhood, we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" when we were visiting Vicki...it just never gets old. Poor Linus....

No comments:

Post a Comment