Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kansas - Part 3

As mentioned in my first Kansas post, we had a strange encounter with little critter when we were touring Fort Leavenworth. I think I spotted him first, just hanging out in the side yard of this house we were driving by...there he was, Phil the Groundhog! To say this is a highlight of my Kansas trip is an understatement. I mean, seriously...a groundhog in some one's yard...a cat he ain't! His name instantly became Phil, because of the classic movie Groundhog Day. Austin thought it was the bee's knees, too...so much that he adamantly defended his sighting to his disbelieving dad and sister. But here's the picture to prove it!



Here are a couple more pictures of Elizabeth and Austin with their FAVORITE cousin! And sweet Miss Tikka...just a precious girl. It didn't take her long to figure out that Creighton is her favorite Uncle!



After enjoying a couple of days in Leavenworth, we headed over to Kansas City for some BBQ and more R&R. The weather was not in our favor, unfortunately it was cold and rainy most of the time. But we stayed in a great area called The Plaza that has tons of shopping and restaurants so we didn't have to go far for good food and fun stores.

We went to a WW1 museum, which is the only one in the nation...random, in KC!?! But it was an excellent museum and since I married a trivial pursuit genius...this is right up Creighton's alley. But don't get me wrong, I love museums, I just have a retention problem....so although I'm sure I learned all this back in school, it's like learning it for the first time. But since it was pouring rain, we didn't stop to take any pictures. :(

Did you know that Kansas City is the City of Fountains!?! There are fountains everywhere! So we did get to take one picture by a fountain near our hotel. It was freezing so we had Marshallmellow all bundled up, but as you can see he didn't mind one bit!



Thanks Auntie Vicki and Uncle Andy for a great time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment